Powered By Blogger

Friday 13 January 2012

The story behind my son's name


Okay. Just like the Megastar, who has given in to Tweeting, I have finally given in to Blogging.


For obvious reasons, I love being a mom. Hence, the name of my blog.

Mega's first tweet was about her adopted son Miguel. So am I. Oh no, not about Miguel, but it is about my son, Trent. Cute name, huh?

Lucas Trent
There was a long story behind my son's name. His father and I had considered a number of names before coming up with his registered name. On the day I told him that I was pregnant, his dad came up with Jordan Telegonus (OMG!) if our baby's going to be a boy, and Mary Penelope if it is a girl.

In Greek mythology, Telegonus was the youngest son of Circe and Odysseus. Well, for obvious reasons, he wants it because his name is Odysseus. Good thing, he changed his mind (maybe because he knew I don't like it) and wants it to be Jordan Rudess. Jordan Rudess is an American keyboardist, and an American member for the progressive metal band, Dream Theater. Tren't dad wants his son/s name to have their first names according to the members of this band (John, James, Mike, Jordan). A fanatic as he is, he would not still win over me as everytime I hear Rudess, I tend to resemble it to "rudeness". :D

It was August 21th 2010 when I had the result of my ultrasound, and we found out that it's going to be a boy. He then wants our baby to be named Trent Reznor after Michael Trent Reznor, vocalist of Nine Inch Nails. (He's really into music, huh!). I just don't like the idea that his second name would be difficult for our friends to say. I just want it to be simple, but with "angas".

Lucas Eugene Scott

I always want my son's name to be Lucas. I derived my son's first name from Lucas Eugene Scott, Chad Michael Murray's character in One Tree Hill. I have always loved Lucas' character, being a typical high school guy who loves his mom so much. (I can relate to Karen Roe's story. :D)


It was a friend, Don Deihl from Oklahoma who gave me the idea of making it Lucas Trent as it sounds nice, and so his dad and I won't fight over it. :D)

Always make sure that you plan for your baby's name ahead as you do not want your child to hate his name, and get teased over a hilarious nick once he grow up. There were so many names that we have considered, and good thing, we have picked the right one for him. :D
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have any violent reactions? ☺

Followers